- We managed to build the website, from scratch, in record time, based on the wireframes that we received
- We worked closely with the client to customize some key pages/sections on CovidTrials.ca
- We managed to integrate the requested marketing automation tool, but not before we fixed some bugs in the Drupal module used for this integration
- We implemented the domain redirection requested
A crowdsourcing website with intuitive navigation where:
- the administrative team can edit content in no time
- users – patients volunteering to join COVID-19 clinical tests – can easily fill in a registration form with their data
The website successfully onboarded over 1,000 potential participants in six weeks and continues to attract public interest.
Migrated the Website from Wordpress to Drupal
And this called for a complex, multi-step process, where we implemented content and assets migration from one platform to the other.
Simplified the Content Structure
We knew that reorganizing the content architecture so that it should be simpler and easier to follow was crucial if we wanted to improve the user experience on the website.
And this was definitely no easy task, but we managed to come up with a more solid, more logical structure for this content-rich website.
One that ensures a simplified, more intuitive navigation for its visitors.
Redesigned the MechanicsHub Website
And here we played with color contrasts: black and yellow.
Black was already the dominant color on the existing site and we added splashes of bright yellow, the same hue that you can find in their logo, to:
- reinforce their brand identity aesthetically
- draw attention to specific pieces of content on the website, leveraging this powerful contrast, and better guide the visitors to the key sections there
Overall, besides this strategic use of color contrast, our team strived to give the site's old design a cleaner, simpler look. To bring it up to date with the latest web standards.
Implemented Responsive Web Design
Again, ensuring that this heavy (and heavily diversified) content ecosystem was easy to navigate no matter the screen size, was a real "struggle" for our web designers.
Yet, we managed to make the content interface easy to navigate and user-friendly on all devices.
Mechanics Hub has gone from a clunky, overly cluttered and somehow too distracting WordPress site, to a:
- neatly and logically structured
... Drupal website with a simplified and more intuitive navigation and cleaner design.
A user-friendly page layout
We soon realized that the key to turning an outdated Joomla website into a site that draws and hooks visitors in is... simplicity.
A simplified, clear and easy to navigate through page layout was the solution.
And so, we knew then that the Paragraphs module was the perfect tool for this project goal. It helped us break down the content into multiple reusable components.
Then, assemble a neat page layout, with clearly defined sections.
Moreover, the module helped us grant the best content experience to the end-users and the best editorial experience, as well. We knew that we would empower EOCI's editors to easily put together future page layouts of their own.
An intuitive information architecture
A rock-solid, clear website structure was crucial if we expected it to tell the organization's story with an impact.
Therefore, we changed the way the information was organized across the website. And we implemented a more intuitive navigation structure and clear conversion paths. Website visitors can now find the information that makes the EOCI's story, engage with it and... convert quicker.
"The company that manages our Google Ads has found that our conversions have increased. The traffic has remained the same, but the amount of time users spend on the website and the number of actions taken has gone up about ten-fold. That’s what we set out to do exactly. We’re seeing an ROI in a short amount of time: That’s a success for us completely." - Sean Kelly, Executive Director, Equal Opportunity Community Initiative
A new custom theme
The organization wanted their new website to be as visually-pleasing as... fast.
The new Drupal 8 website had to entice users, visually, before it could engage them. So, we created a new theme to help EOCI communicate their mission and their vision in a more compelling way.
"A couple of our donors are thrilled with the website and have committed their support again. They’re happy to be on the partners' page with a fresh look and approach to the public." - Sean Kelly, Executive Director, Equal Opportunity Community Initiative
A high-speed Drupal 8 website
Since one of the top goals of the project was to increase conversions, fast-loading pages were a critical factor for meeting that goal.
Thus, we've had the top performance in our minds throughout the development process.
We used an "Optimize for top speed" approach as a criterion to filter through all the decisions that we made while building their new Drupal 8 website.
A mobile version of the website
EOCI wanted to communicate their story to as many people as possible. So the need to appeal to potential "life changers" on their mobile devices became critical.
And that's what we did. We came up with a visually-pleasing, easy to use the mobile version of the EOCI website.
One that boosts the organization's efforts and brings its message to mobile users, as well.
To maximize its exposure, the organization needed to implement a newsletter functionality. And... we complied with their request, using the Simplenews module for this.
"The site’s beautiful and performing exactly how we’d hoped it would." - Sean Kelly, Executive Director, Equal Opportunity Community Initiative
A Drupal 8 website that's fast, visually appealing and easy to use.
We managed to turn the old Joomla website into the most effective "messenger" of the EOCI's story and mission.
A welcoming service point for all potential donors and new volunteers.
- we updated the existing allardprize.org website to the latest version of Drupal 7
- we performed all the necessary updates to Drupal core, to the contributed and custom modules, part of the user interface and the existing set of features
- we ran the latest security patches, as well
- we enabled the GTranslate module and thus implemented the translation feature that our client requested
- we migrated the specified content and found a way of processing the data within the given Pantheon hosting plan
- we conducted an in-depth performance audit on the website and we identified areas of improvement
- we did some Drupal performance optimization work, taking a series of necessary measures to speed up the website's page load and reliability/blog/boost-drupal-performance
The result: the Allard Prize for International Integrity website now runs significantly faster and provides a seamless user experience to its visitors, irrespective of their geographical location.
a high performance Drupal 8 website, with optimized (content-heavy) page loading times
more intuitive navigation for both the professor and student visitors; from graduate programs to news and events, to specific useful information related to leisure, learning opportunities, and support services, users can now easily find the content they search for on the Institute's newly “refurbished” website
a user-friendly layout
a website packed with all the tools that content editors will need to easily and neatly structure their content (ex. both the Paragraphs module and the Block field module got enabled)