Just imagine: THE most prestigious awards in the world, in the field of human rights, and us being granted the honour to give the corresponding website a performance boost!
And a traffic boost, as well, by improving the user experience provided there, making it easily accessible for visitors all over the globe. We won't lie to you: the honour was directly proportional to the overwhelming responsibility that we came along.
Besides the project's main goal — to optimize the website's overall performance — our client approached us with 2 special requests:
- to implement a new translation system that would enable them to reach a global audience and enter new markets
- to migrate the May-November 2019 content for the Photography Competition section on the website
The last project requirement did pose a challenge since the content to be migrated had lots of in-text references.
- we updated the existing allardprize.org website to the latest version of Drupal 7
- we performed all the necessary updates to Drupal core, to the contributed and custom modules, part of the user interface and the existing set of features
- we ran the latest security patches, as well
- we enabled the GTranslate module and thus implemented the translation feature that our client requested
- we migrated the specified content and found a way of processing the data within the given Pantheon hosting plan
- we conducted an in-depth performance audit on the website and we identified areas of improvement
- we did some Drupal performance optimization work, taking a series of necessary measures to speed up the website's page load and reliability/blog/boost-drupal-performance
The result: the Allard Prize for International Integrity website now runs significantly faster and provides a seamless user experience to its visitors, irrespective of their geographical location.